- Are you licensed?Hiring a licensed plumber is essential as it means they are legally allowed to perform their services. After all, the last thing you want is someone without any qualifications or training working in your home. A current and valid license must be held by all plumbers, and it must cover all work being performed, as more complex jobs may be covered by a separate license depending on where they are operating
- What experience do you have?Most licensed plumbers will be able to carry out basic plumbing jobs – such as drain repair or maintenance – to a high standard. However, when it comes to more complex work, it’s a good idea to ask whether your plumber has completed similar projects before. Knowing your plumber has experience working on similar jobs will not only give you peace of mind, but will usually ensure they have the knowledge to provide better results.
- Do you have references?Any good plumber should be proud of their work and happy to share testimonials from previous projects they’ve completed. Not only can you ask your plumber for the contact details of people they have worked for in the past, but you can also check their Google reviews to see what others have written! Unless the business has only recently been established, a plumber without any feedback can be a red flag.
- Does your quote include everything?The last thing anyone wants is to be surprised with extra fees after a job is already done. This is why it’s important that you receive a detailed, written quote from your plumber prior to any works being carried out. Written quotes should include everything from details about the labour involved to the cost of materials and a deadline for how long the quote is valid for. This will ensure that you won’t be responsible for hidden costs that will blow your budget!
- How much do you charge?Like any service, it’s important that you hire a plumber within your budget. However, just as you don’t want to be overcharged for a service, it’s important that you’re aware of any ‘too-good-to-be-true’ prices. While opting for a cheaper tradie doesn’t always mean you’ll get a lower standard of workmanship, in some cases a less experienced plumber may undercut others as a way to reel in business. If you are finding that one tradie is significantly more affordable than others, it’s a good idea to ask them why their services are so much cheaper. Often the answer may be simple – such as using cheaper materials or having access to more affordable sub-contractors – and will provide you peace of mind that you’re getting both a budget-friendly and high-quality service.
- Are you insured to work in my home?Hiring a plumber that holds public liability insurance for their business is critical, as it will protect you from paying hundreds or even thousands in repair costs if anything bad were to happen on the job. This is especially important for bigger jobs such as renovations, as there is always a small chance that something may go wrong and your property may be damaged. With an insured plumber, you can have confidence knowing that they will have the means to pay for any repairs if they are needed.
- Do we need to sign a contract?Whether or not you need to sign a contract with your plumber will depend on the state you live in. Generally, each state will set a value that dictates when a contract must be signed between tradie and client. For example, in NSW, you will need to sign a contract for any projects valued at $5,000 or more. However, many Fair Trading bodies recommend written agreements for smaller jobs as well.
Your Trusted Plumbers in Gawler
We come backed with years of experience working with builders, real estate agents and the general public.
Plum Pride Plumbing & Gas is a family-owned business operating in the Gawler area, Lyndoch Williamstown, Barossa Valley and the Northern Suburbs. We offer a range of plumbing services for residential and commercial properties, including new builds, renovations, and general replacement or repair.
About Plum Pride
Master Plumber Daniel, has over 29 years of experience backed with a Plumbing Master’s degree. Daniel has built the business through positive word of mouth from satisfied customers due to his quality workmanship and professional service. During that time, we continually pride ourselves on our expert plumbing knowledge and have gained a reputation for maintaining a very high standard of work first time, every time.
Kitchen renovation plumber
Our plumbers are highly sought after throughout Gawler and SA for our expertise with renovation plumbing. Whether you’re renovating your kitchen or bathroom, trust that our experts will be able to bring your plan to life and provide an entirely new plumbing and draining system to accommodate your new space. Speak to our plumbers today for quote and consultation for your peace of mind.
Your Plumbing and Gas Professionals
10% Pensioner and Carer Discount
No Fix No Fee (Terms and Conditions apply)
High Efficiency Hot Water Upgrades
Some of our projects include
We’ve worked on a number of plumbing and gas projects both big and small.
Contact Plum Pride Today
Got a question or idea about improving your current plumbing systems? Do you need an onsite inspection and quote? Please fill in our call back form and we’ll reply within 24 hours or the next business day. Alternatively, you can call us on 8524 6718 or send Daniel an SMS direct on 0431 511 530.
- Gawler East
- Gawler South
- Gawler Belt
- Evanston South
- Angle Vale
- Two Wells
- Shea-Oak Log
- Hamley Bridge
What our clients say about us
A Professional Hot Water Plumber in Gawler, SA
Plum Pride has over 29 years’ experience in providing homes and commercial projects with Australia’s leading hot water brands. For a comprehensive range of high quality, affordable hot water systems that are perfect for home and businesses in Gawler, Lyndoch, Williamstown, the Barossa Valley and surrounding areas, get in contact with the Plum Pride experts.
We install state of the art hot water systems for highly competitive trade prices. Bosch, Rheem, Rinnai and Dux are just some of the first class brands we install, repair and replace for our valued clients. What’s more, we are always happy to provide home and business owners with useful advice on which system is best suited to their property and budget. Allow our master plumber Daniel to take you through our options so you can choose which system is best for you.